BAWBURGH, orBABUR, in Forehoe hundred, 5 miles from Norwich, contains 1400 acres, and the population, in 1851, was 460. Lord Stafford is lord of the manor, and the chief landowners are J. S. Muskett, Esq., of Eaton, and Sir W. Parish, Knt. The living is a vicarage, in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Norwich. The Rev. G. Carter, of Norwich, is the incumbent, and the Rev. J. H. Payne, of Colney, the curate.
COMMERCIAL.
Browne, Daniel, blacksmith
Buxton, Samuel, King’s Head
Candler, Edward, superintendent of paper mills
Child, John William, baker
Cole, Jas., wheelwright and blacksmith
Cross, Thomas, farmer
Davey, James, bricklayer
Delane, Magnay and Co., paper mills (and at Taverham)
Dunham, James, shoemaker
Dunnell, William, shoemaker
Forster, William, The Cock
Hart, Thomas, farmer
Harvey, George, butcher
Matthews, Robert, parish clerk
Reeve, Thomas, butcher
Smith, Timothy, farmer
Sturgess, Elizabeth, school-mistress
Sturgess, William, school-master
Tann, Samuel, wheelwright
Tyler, John, shopkeeper
BEESTON ST. ANDREW, in Taverham hundred. 3 miles north of Norwich, contains three farms and a few cottages. The Old Hall was built in 1610, and is still standing. The chief part of the land belongs to the Rev. J. N. Micklethwait and O. Barnes, Esq. Sir Thomas Barrett Lennard, Bart., is lord of the manor. There is no church, but a sinecure rectory, in the patronage of the Rev. Henry Banfather, who is also the incumbent. The population, in 1851, was 41.
Barnes, Orlando, farmer
Bowen, Thomas, farmer
Howlett, Harcourt, farmer
Gowen, Abraham, gardener
BIXLEYis a pretty village, in the hundred of Henstead, about 3 miles from Norwich. It consists of 634 acres of land, chiefly the property of the Earl of Rosebery, who is lord of the manor. The population, in 1851, was 128. The living is a rectory, with that of Earl Framingham annexed, in the gift of the Rev. Charles David Brereton, M.A., who is also the incumbent.
PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Base, Samuel, Esq., Lodge
Martin, Mrs., Hall
COMMERCIAL.
Clare, Charles and Son, millers and merchants
Jarmay, Charles, farm bailiff
Parker, Arthur, farmer
Parker, Charles, farmer
Parker, George, yeoman
Seaman, William, farmer, and poor’s rate collector
Sowter, James, yeoman
Sowter, John, farmer
BRAMERTON, situate in the hundred of Henstead, 4½ miles from Norwich, contains 230 inhabitants and 728 acres of land. The living is a rectory in the gift of Robert Fellowes, Esq: the Rev. Edmund Blake is the incumbent. The parish school is attended by between 40 and 50 children.
PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Blake, Rev. Edmund, M.A., Rectory
Blake, John Joseph, Esq.
Blake, Mrs. Sophia
COMMERCIAL.
Beaumont, Henry, sen., carpenter
Beaumont, Robert, farmer and parish clerk
Crisp, William, farm bailiff
Forder, John, grocer and poor’s rate collector
Frost, Samuel, market gardener
Green, John, corn miller
Miller, Mrs. Mary, farmer
Moore, John, postmaster
Nobbs, J., butcher and pig dealer
Nobbs, John, shopkeeper
Osborne, J., farmer and cattle dealer
Rudd, Robert Gray, farmer
Todd, David, blacksmith
Turner, Miss Harriet, schoolmistress
Turner, Samuel, Woods End Ferry, and plumber and painter
BOWTHORPE, 3 miles from Norwich, has but about 30 inhabitants, and 600 acres of land, belonging to R. Frank, Esq., and all farmed by Mr. Howlett. The church is in ruins, and the curacy is consolidated with Earlham.
CAISTOR ST. EDMUND, a village in Henstead hundred, 3 miles from Norwich, contains 154 inhabitants, and 1045a. 1r. 10p. of land. The living is a rectory, consolidated with that of Markshall, in the gift of Mrs. Dashwood, of Caistor Hall, who is also lady of the manor; the incumbent is the Rev. John Arthy. Caistor is supposed to have been the capital of the Iceni, a Belgic tribe, and was by the Romans called Venta Icenorum, and for distinction, Castrum, thecamp, whence the East Angles, on their conquest of the country, called it Caistor. Many Roman antiquities and coins, preserved at Norwich, have been found here of various emperors.
PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Arthy, Rev. John, M.A., rector
Dashwood, Mrs. Harriet, the Hall
COMMERCIAL.
Cogman, John, blacksmith and parish clerk
Culling, Thomas Norman, farmer
Davy, A., wheelwright and carpenter
King, James, farmer
Spurrell, John, farmer
Williamson, Thomas, farmer, and poor rate collector
CARLETON ST. MARY, orEast Carleton, in Humbleyard hundred and Henstead union, is distant from Swainsthorpe station 2 miles, and Norwich 5. It contained 284 inhabitants in 1851, and 1213 acres of land. East Carleton anciently formed two parishes, and had two churches, which are now united for parochial, but separated for ecclesiastical purposes. The church of St. Peter went to ruins in 1550, but its discharged rectory still remains as a sinecure, in the gift of the Lord Chancellor, and incumbency of the Rev. Samuel Barker, of Lakenheath, in Suffolk. The living of the church of St. Mary is a rectory, in the gift of the Norwich Charity Trustees, who are lords of one of the manors, and the Rev. Robert John Francis, of Beccles, is the incumbent. The chief landowners are the Rev. John Henry Steward, M.A., who is also lord of the manor of Carleton, late Townshend’s, and Sir John Peter Boileau, Bart.
PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Denison, Stephen Charles, Esq., The Lodge
Francis, Mrs. Letitia
Steward, Rev. John H., M.A., Manor house
COMMERCIAL.
Albrough, William, market gardener
Bailey, Robert, butcher
Baldwin, Richard, market gardener
Bunting, John, wheelwright
Cooper, John, parish clerk
Edwards, John Green, farmer
Fairman, James, market gardener
Forster, William, blacksmith
Heard, George, farmer
Huggins, William, farmer and collector of taxes
Land, Mrs. Sarah, shopkeeper
Smith, Matthew, farmer and collector of rates
Swann, John, land bailiff
Thrower, Isaac, boot and shoe maker
CATTON (OLD)is a picturesque village, about 2½ miles from Norwich, with 900 acres of land, and, in 1851, a population of 618. The living is a vicarage, in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Norwich, who are also lords of the manor, and the vicar is the Rev. Richard Hart, B.A. The Hall is occupied by John Henry Gurney, Esq., M.P. NEW CATTON is a suburb of Norwich.
PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Barnes, Miss Jane, Old hall
Blake, Robert Wiffen, Esq.
Chamberlin, Robert, Esq.
Cooke, Henry, Esq.
Cubitt, William Jary, Esq.
Gedge, George, Esq.
Gurney, John Henry, Esq., M.P., Hall
Hart, Rev. Richard, B.A., Vicarage
Heath, Charles, Esq.
Long, Edmund Slingsby, Esq.
Massingham, Joseph, Esq.
Millard, William Salter, Esq.
Minty, Miss
Morse, Mrs. George
Rackham, Thomas Hanworth, Esq., The Cottage
Rackham, Thomas John Carter, Esq., The Grove
Springfield, Osborn, Esq.
Waite, John Newman, Esq.
COMMERCIAL.
Attoe, John, lime burner
Badcock, William, blacksmith
Broad John, boot maker
Dennington, Thomas, gardener
Dixon, Owen, farmer
Guymer, Joseph, wheelwright
Guymer, Richard, parish clerk and carpenter
Guymer, William, carpenter
Hinde, Ephraim, farmer
Hipper, Robert, Maid’s Head inn
Howeld John, boot and shoe maker
Jackson, Mrs. Harriet, mistress of the Free School
Lambert, Edward, market gardener
Minns, John, farmer
Neale, William, blacksmith
Newman, Mrs. Mary A., laundress
Oakley, John, tailor
Orsborn, Mark, woodman and bricklayer
Paul, William, George and Dragon inn, and boot and shoe maker
Plowman, Robert, Magpie inn, and saddler and harness maker
Rackham, Elijah, farmer
Rackham, Elisha, market gardener
Rackham, Thomas H., solicitor
Rippingale, Mrs. Sarah, shopkeeper
Scott, Samuel, farmer
Walker Thomas, baker and postmaster
COLNEY, 3 miles from Norwich, contains about 90 inhabitants and nearly 1000 acres of land, belonging to Joseph Scott, Esq. The living is a rectory in the gift of Mr. Scott. The Rev. E. Postle, M.A., is the incumbent, and, the Rev. J. H. Payne, M.A., the curate.
PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Payne, Rev. John Hervey, M.A.
Scott, Joseph, Esq., The Hall
COMMERCIAL.
Bone, Mrs. Hannah, sub-postmistress
Bone, Thomas, boot and shoe maker
Gayford, Luke, blacksmith
Meen, Samuel, farmer
Utting, John, farmer
Wilson, John, boot and shoe maker
COSTESSEY, orCossey, is a scattered but pleasant village, 4 miles from Norwich, in the Forehoe hundred and union, with a population of about 1100. The Hall is the seat of Lord Stafford, who is lord of the manor, and the principal landowner. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the gift of the Great Hospital, at Norwich, and enjoyed by the Rev. James William Evans, M.A. There are a National school, a British school, a large Roman Catholic school, and Baptist and Roman Catholic chapels.
PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Evans, Rev. James W., Cottage
Husenbeth, Right Rev. F. C., D.D., (Catholic)
Ivory, Rev. John, Baptist minister
Kidd, Mr. Thomas
Martin, Mr. Edmund
COMMERCIAL.
Banham, James, well sinker
Banham, William, farmer and butcher
Barker, Robert, farmer
Bealey, Thomas, shopkeeper and wheelwright
Blowers, John, land agent, Hall
Cannell, Jacob, butcher
Carr, John, farmer
Coe, John, police constable
Cole, William, gardener
Culley, Henry Utting, corn miller
Culley, John, farmer
Cushion, William, shoemaker
Fairman, Benjamin, basket maker
Grant, Joseph, glass stainer
Frost, Rose, National schoolmistress
Gunton, Edward, Red Lion
Gunton, George, brickmaker
Hall, Horatio, druggist and grocer
Harman, Henry, farmer
Hastings Edward, carpenter
Hastings, Elizabeth, farmer
Hastings, William, carpenter
Howard, Peter, farmer
Hudson, James, The Falcon
Jewell, Samuel, veterinary surgeon
Kidd, Mrs., bricklayer
Lavender, John, farmer, Park
Laws, Mark, shoemaker
Norman, John, bricklayer and lime burner
Perry, John L., grocer and draper
Rising, Robert C., farmer, Lodge
Sadler, John, shoemaker
Savage, George, saddler
Sidney, Robert C., shopkeeper
Sisson, Henry, Black Swan
Smith, Charles, registrar of marriages
Sparks, Mary, British school
Spaul, John, tailor
Spaul, Miss Betsey, shopkeeper
Taylor, John, The Bush, and watchmaker
Taylor, Mrs. William, farmer
Watcham, Charles, butcher and farmer
Wighton, John, gardener
Wighton, Mrs., White Hart
White, John, gamekeeper, Park
White, Richard, gamekeeper and woodman
CRINGLEFORD, in Humbleyard hundred and Henstead union, is situated about 2½ miles from Norwich, and 3 from the Hethersett railway station. The parish contains nearly 1000 acres of land and about 200 inhabitants. The Trustees of the Great Hospital, (St. Helen’s) Norwich, are impropriators of the tithes and patrons of the living, which is a perpetual curacy, now held by the Rev. Edward Priest, B.A., with a stipend of £100 per annum. A large school-room for this and the adjoining parishes, with a capital residence for the master, has been erected here by subscription.
PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Bateman, James, Esq.
Davie, Rev. William Cufaude, M.A., curate of Intwood, Intwood rectory, in Cringleford
Girdlestone, Mrs. Mary Ann
Patteson, Mrs.
Priest, Rev. Edward, B.A., incumbent, Parsonage
Tyler, William, Esq.
COMMERCIAL.
Candler, Horatio, miller and farmer
Cannell, Abraham, sen., farmer
Cannell, Abraham, jun., farmer
Cracknell, John, wheelwright and blacksmith
Drane, William, farmer
George, George, farmer
Land, John, schoolmaster
Reynolds, John, farmer
CROSTWICK, in the Taverham hundred, 4 miles from Norwich, contains a population of 140, and 700 acres of excellent land, the property of John Longe, Esq., of Spixworth, and Lieut. Col. Stracey. The living is a rectory in the gift of the Bishop of Norwich, and the Rev. E. J. Bell is the incumbent. There is a National school for between 40 and 50 children.
PRIVATE RESIDENT.
Bell, Rev. Edward John, M.A.
COMMERCIAL.
Benseley, John, farmer
Crowe, Alfred, wheelwright
Money, John, carpenter
Towler, Frederick, farmer
Woodcock, William, farmer
Woodhouse, Betsey, White Horse, and shopkeeper
DRAYTON, in Taverham hundred and in the union of St. Faith’s, is situated about 4½ miles north-west of Norwich station. The principal object of interest is the ruin of old Drayton Lodge, situated on an acclivity half a mile south-west of the church, near the residence of Frederick Magnay, Esq. Its walls are composed of yellow brick. Here is also an entrenchment field of battle, calledBloodsdale, and the ruins of an ancient cross. The church of St. Margaret is a plain building, with thatched roof and square tower. The living, in the gift of the Bishop of Norwich, is a rectory consolidated with Hellesdon, joint gross annual value £649. The Rev. Hinds Howell, B.A., is the incumbent, and resides at the Rectory. There is a National School recently opened for boys and girls; and there is also a Baptist Chapel in the village. The parish contains 1284 acres, and in 1851, the population was 472.
PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Bradshaw, Capt. Francis Green
Bradshaw, Francis Weston, Esq.
Howell, Rev. H., B.A., (rector) Rectory
Magnay, Frederick Arthur, Esq.
COMMERCIAL.
Adcock, Edmund, farmer
Adcock, Henry, Cock inn, and farmer
Adcock, William, bootmaker
Arger, John, pork butcher
Bell, William, wheelwright
Bessey, John, bootmaker
Blyth, Matthew, brewer
Bunn, Samuel, farmer
Buttle, Henry, postmaster and shopkeeper
Cannell, John, blacksmith
Eke, Everett, blacksmith
Fenn, Robert, shoemaker, and collector of rates and taxes
French, Miles, farmer
Fuller, Daniel, parish clerk
Hipper, Robert, butcher
Howard, Jeremiah, saw and corn mills
Howard, William, Red Lion
March, John, shopkeeper
Norton, Hammond, landowner and farmer
DUNSTON, in Humbleyard hundred and Henstead union, distant from Swainsthorpe station 1½ mile, and from Norwich 4 miles, contained, in 1851, 126 inhabitants, and 613 acres of land, principally the property of Robert Kellett Long, Esq., of Dunston Hall, who is lord of the manor. The church of St. Remigius is a small building with square tower; it has a brass in the chancel, with effigies of Clere Talbot and his two wives. The living is a perpetual curacy, and the present incumbent is the Rev. H. C. Long, and his curate the Rev. J. W. Wenn, who resides at Mangreen Hall. There is a school, supported by the lord of the manor.
PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Fish, John
Long, Robert K., Esq., Dunston Hall
Moy, John
COMMERCIAL.
Dady, John, parish clerk
Le Neve, — farmer
Lincoln, Jeremiah, steward to R. K. Long, Esq.
Stimpson, Miss Mary A., schoolmistress
EARLHAMis a romantic little village, 2 miles from Norwich. The Hall—the birthplace and early residence of Elizabeth Fry—is now occupied by the Rev. William Ripley, M.A. The living is a vicarage, with Bowthorpe consolidated, enjoyed by the Rev. J. H. Payne, who resides at Colney.
PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Beauchamp, Mrs. Augusta
Ripley, Rev. William Nottidge, M.A., Earlham hall
COMMERCIAL.
Bone, Mrs. Hannah, post-office
Bright, Edward, property and income tax collector
Bright, John, carpenter
Colman, William, farmer
Cross, Mrs. Mary Ann, farmer
Kett, James, farmer
EATON, 2 miles from Norwich, population nearly 800. The Dean and Chapter of Norwich are lords of the manor, and the living is a vicarage, in their gift. The Rev. George Day is the incumbent.
PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Beddingfield, Mr. Nelson, Newmarket road
Bedford, Mrs., Fern Hill cottage
Blythe, Miss Rhoda, Mile End lane
Button, Mrs., Mile End lane
Chamberlin, Mr. James, Mile End lane
Crooke, Mrs., Mile End lane
Davis, Mr. Samuel S., Mile End lane
Day, Peter, Esq., Beech lodge
Fickling, Miss Caroline, Mile End lane
Flowers, Mrs., Unthank’s road
Hill, Mr. Samuel S., Mile End lane
Jeckell, George, Esq., Eaton road
Muskett, Joseph, S., Esq.
Rossi, George, Esq., Eaton villa
Seed, Mr. Henry
Steward, Edward, Esq., Eaton hall
Stocks, Rev. Edward, M.A., Newmarket road
Sudbury, Mr. Thomas, Mile End lane
Taylor, Clement, Esq., Mile End lane
Taylor, Mrs., Mile End lane
Thorns, Mr. Robert, Eaton park
COMMERCIAL.
Dix, William James, farmer
Fish, John, The Cellar House inn
Ewing, John W., nurseryman, seedsman, and lime burner
Freeman, Charles R., wholesale grocer
George, Thomas W., farmer and brewer
Matthew, John, drillman
Newman, Henry, farmer, North farm
Nixon, Robert, Lamb inn
Stannard, James, Red Lion
Stannard, Thomas, cattle dealer
Stocks, Rev. Edward, M.A., academy
Stubbs, George, farmer, Mile end
Thirkettle, William, blacksmith
Webb, W., shopkeeper and postmaster
FRAMINGHAMS, two pretty and neatly-wooded parishes, calledFramingham PigotandFramingham Earl, the latter seated 4 miles south-east of Norwich, and the former extending one mile further south-eastward. They are agricultural villages, possessing separate churches, both dedicated to St. Andrew. The Earl of Roseberry is lord of the manor. The land belongs to several owners, of whom G. B. Leak Knight, Esq., W. Jecks, Esq., and G. H. Christie, Esq., are the largest. The living of Framingham Pigot is in the gift of the Bishop of Norwich, and the incumbent is the Rev. William Henry Plume, B.A. Framingham Earl is a rectory, annexed to that of Bixley, joint annual value £608, in the gift of the incumbent, the Rev. Charles David Brereton, M.A.; his curate is the Rev. Godfrey John Bird. There is a small Baptist chapel in Framingham Pigot, and a National school in Framingham Earl; also a Wesleyan chapel. The population of Framingham Earl, in 1851, was 111, and Framingham Pigot, 345. The old church at Framingham Pigot is now replaced by a handsome edifice in the Early English style, from designs by Mr. Thomas Loyd, of Norwich.
FRAMINGHAM EARL.
PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Bird, Rev. Godfrey John, curate
Black, Capt. George
Knight, George Brown Leak, Esq.
COMMERCIAL.
Barker, William, Railway tavern
Barker, William, carpenter
Blyth, Samuel, parish clerk
Blyth, Samuel, farm bailiff
Chaplin, Josiah, master of National school and postmaster
Gedge, John, farmer and poor’s rate collector
Utting, George, farmer
FRAMINGHAM PIGOT.
PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Christie, George Henry, Esq.
Hawkins, John, Esq.
Jecks, William, Esq.
Plume, Rev. William H., B.A., Rectory
COMMERCIAL.
Alexander, David, farmer
Barker, Thomas, farmer
Barker, William, Feathers
Beaumont, John, shoemaker
Beaumont, Robert, shoemaker
Ewing, John, bricklayer
Ewing, Robert, shoemaker and parish clerk
Grint, Miss Ruth, parochial schoolmistress
Hawkes, John, jun., market gardener
Holmes, William, market gardener
Ives, Thomas, farmer
Kirby, John, farmer
Lawrence, William, shopkeeper and carpenter
Long, George, market gardener and poor’s rate collector
Nunn, William, grocer and baker
Read, Charles, carpenter
Riches, Henry, cowkeeper
Sales, William, The Fox, and blacksmith
Spinks, — farmer and butcher
Wilkinson, Pinkingham, market gardener
Yallop, James, market gardener
Youngs, William, The Gull
GREAT AND LITTLE PORINGLAND.GreatorEast Poringland, 4½ miles from Norwich, is in Henstead union and hundred. The Earl of Roseberry is lord of the manor. The living is a rectory, with residence; the Rev. S. Brereton is the patron and incumbent, and the Rev. L. C. Wallich, M.A., is the curate.Little Poringlandis chiefly the property of the Rev. J. Holmes, who is also lord of the manor. It is united with Great Poringland for the support of the poor, but not with regard to the roads. The church is in ruins. The living is a curacy consolidated with the rectory of Howe. The population of the joint parishes in 1851, was 605.
GREAT PORINGLAND.
PRIVATE RESIDENT.
Wallich, Rev. Leonard Calder, M.A., curate
COMMERCIAL.
Aylmer, William, The Dove
Beverly, Thomas, corn miller and farmer
Beverly, Tobias, farmer
Beverly, William, yeoman
Bullen, John, carpenter
Bullen, Thomas, wheelwright and carpenter
Case, William Drackett, blacksmith
Chalker, Mrs. Sarah, dressmaker
Critoph, Joseph, shopkeeper
Edwards, James, beer retailer and well sinker
Fransham, Mrs. Susannah, farmer
Goodrum, Benjamin, blacksmith
King, Charles, farmer
Lake, James, cattle dealer
Lawrence, James, White Hart, and well sinker and pump maker
Laws, R., White Swan, and bricklayer
Lincoln, John, blacksmith
Matthews, Norman, farmer
Palmer, Herbert, wheelwright and shopkeeper
Parker, John, miller and poor’s rate collector
Taylor, Joseph, shoemaker
Thetford, Robert Johnson, farmer
Todd, David, cattle dealer
Todd, J., cattle dealer, farmer and butcher
Utting, James, parish clerk
Utting, Mrs. Lydia, pork butcher
Wright, Jonathan, shopkeeper
LITTLE PORINGLAND.
COMMERCIAL.
Burrell, John, farmer
Hubbard, Charles, farmer
Seago, Thomas, farmer
Shortins, James, farmer
GREAT MELTON, in Humbleyard hundred and union of Henstead, is 3 miles from Hethersett station, and 6 from Norwich. The Hall is a plain mansion, the seat of Charles Lombe, Esq., lord of the manor and chief owner. The living is a rectory, with residence, in the gift of Caius College, Cambridge, and the incumbent is the Rev. Charles Eyres, M.A. The village school-room, a very handsome building, was erected in 1850, at the sole expense of Charles Lombe, Esq. The school, which is for boys and girls, is conducted on the National system, and supported by the lord of the manor and the Rev. Charles Eyres, with a small weekly payment from the scholars.
PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Eyres, Rev. Charles, M.A., rector
Rose, Mr. Thomas
COMMERCIAL.
Barber, Miss, schoolmistress
Barker, James, shopkeeper
Bloom, Thomas, farmer, College farm
Burrell, John, farmer
Child, J., beer retailer and blacksmith
Cunningham, James, shopkeeper
Dodd, Robert, farmer, Church farm
Howard, Matthew, farmer
Howlett, William, market gardener
Pearson, George, farmer, Whong farm
Pearson, James, farmer, Chapel farm
Reynolds, John, farmer
Rose, Phillip, farmer, High House and Rail farms
Sutton, William, farmer
Woodcock, John, parish clerk
HELLESDEN, orHELLESDON, is situated in Taverham hundred, about 2 miles from Norwich. In 1851 the population was 467, but a great part is at Hellesdon hamlet, in the county of the city of Norwich. The church of St. Mary is small but neat: it is square built, without a tower, but has a wooden belfry and spire. The living is a rectory, consolidated with that of Drayton (see Drayton). A National school was erected in 1852, by Government grant and subscriptions.
PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Bleakley, Mrs., Fir house
Delane, William, Esq.
COMMERCIAL.
Baldrey, John, market gardener, fruit, potatoe, and pea salesman, Upper Hellesden
Batson, Edward, miller, and postmaster, Upper Hellesden
Bleakley, Page, farmer, Fir house
Blyth, James, wheelwright
Cooper, John, farmer, Upper Hellesden
Cox, James, market gardener, Upper Hellesden
Cross, George, farmer
Dennington, Job, market gardener, Upper Hellesden
Gowing, George, farmer, Old Hall
Greenfield, Mrs. Clara, market gardener, Upper Hellesden
Holman, George, blacksmith
Orris, Alfred, farmer, Upper Hellesden
Larkman, Robert, market gardener, Upper Hellesden
Reynolds, Joshua, miller and guardian, Upper Hellesden
Tallowin, Joseph, Old Mile Cross, Upper Hellesden
Wells, William Harrison, miller
Wright, Miss Harriet, National schoolmistress, Upper Hellesden