NINETY-FIFTH FOOT.
The first Regiment numbered the 95th was raised in 1760, and disbanded in 1763.
The second was raised in 1780, and disbanded in 1783.
The third was raised in 1793, and disbanded in 1798.
The fourth was raised in 1800, and is now “The Prince Consort’s Own Rifle Brigade.”
The fifth was formerly the 2nd Battalion of the 52nd Foot, made 96th in 1803, renumbered 95th in 1816, and disbanded in 1818. Its facings were Buff.