NINETY-FIRST FOOT.

NINETY-FIRST FOOT.

The Regiment was raised at Stirling by the Duke of Argyle, from whom it received its Title.

It bears “The Princess Louise’s Cypher and Coronet,” and “The Boar’s Head” with the motto “Ne obliviscaris.”

The first Regiment numbered the 91st was raised in 1759, and disbanded in 1763; it had black facings.

The second was raised in 1780, and disbanded in 1783.

The third was raised in 1793, and disbanded in 1798.


Back to IndexNext