ROYAL ARTILLERY.
The old Trains of Artillery were disbanded at the end of the campaigns in which they served.
The presentRegimentdates from 1716, but the above date of (the 14th April) 1705 is given in the official list of Colonels as the date of commission of Colonel Albert Borgard.
It bears the Royal Arms and Supporters with a Gun, with the mottoes “Ubique” above, and “Quo fas et gloria ducunt” below the gun.
Its uniform appears to have been always Blue, and probably its facings were always Scarlet; the “Trains” in 1688 wore Blue, with Orange facings.
The Royal Irish Artillery was absorbed into the Regiment in 1801, and the East India Company’s Artillery in 1858.