THIRTY-FIFTH FOOT.
The Regiment was raised at Belfast.
It received its Title in 1804 in compliment to its Colonel, the Duke of Richmond; and its Title in 1832 on its losing its Orange facings, which it was obliged to relinquish on proceeding to Ireland.
It was at its formation commonly known as “The Belfast Regiment,” and afterwards “The Orange Lilies” from its facings and White Plume, which it took from the Royal Roussillon French Grenadiers at the battle of Quebec, 1759. It wore the White Plume till 1800.
It was also known as “The Prince of Orange’s Own Regiment,” from its receiving its facings as a special mark of favour from King William III.